UK STUDENT VISA
UK is one of the most sought after destinations for students from all around the world, especially from South and South East Asia. UK universities are among the best in the world and are consistently ranked high for their academic excellence, rigorous academic standards and research facilities.
At Universal Immigration, we can assist you all the way from admission till visa processing for more than 100 universities across England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.
BASIC UNIVERSITY ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Passport copy - 1st and last page
- CV with Contact number and correct email address of the student
- Statement of Purpose
- Academic Documents (College, secondary and high school with individual mark sheets)
- Work Experience letters/reference letters, where applicable
- IELTS / English Language Test Scores (if available)
- Two Letters of Recommendations with details of the referee (Organization name & designation, address, email address and contact number)
- Immigration History/previous travels/visa scan copies (if applicable)
BIOMETRIC ENROLLMENT LOCATIONS
|PROOF OF FUNDS FOR LIVING EXPENSES (Must be in the account for 28 days before application)
||£1265 per month for max 9 months (£11,385)
||£1015 per month for max 9 months (£9135)
All unpaid tuition fee for first year must be included along with the above. If full tuition fee is paid, then the CAS will have this information and no additional receipts required. If CAS does not mention, then separate receipt is required.
An applicant is considered to be studying in London if half or more of the time they spend studying is at a site or sites situated within the area comprising the City of London and the Greater London Area. The Greater London Area” means the City of London and the32 London boroughs.
IMMIGRATION HEALTH SURCHARGE
All students will pay £300 per 12-month period as contribution towards NHS. This is to be paid along with the earlier mentioned application fee, when we apply online.
VISA PROCESSING TIME
The earliest we can apply for a visa is 3 months before start of course.
Processing time is approximately 3-4 weeks.
COST OF APPLICATION
Student Application fee paid to government: £348
Application fee for each dependent: £348
Either telephonic or in person interview may be required
WORK RIGHTS DURING STUDY
- With track record - Degree level or above – 20 hrs / week during term and full time during vacations including time before course starts
- With track record - Below degree level – 10 hrs / week during term and full time during vacations including time before course starts
POST STUDY WORK VISA – GRADUATE ROUTE
The government announced on 11 September 2019 that there will be a new Graduate immigration route from summer 2021, similar to the previous Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) scheme which ended in April 2012. This route will provide international students with the opportunity to stay in the UK to live and work, or to look for work, after they graduate.
Important points to note for Post Study Work Visa:
- The route is for students who will complete a degree in or after the summer of 2021 and who hold a Tier 4 or Student visa at the time they apply.
- Study must be undertaken in the UK, with a concession only for people who have been distance learning outside the UK due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to be eligible, such students must return to the UK for their last semester, by a deadline of 6 April 2021.
- Undergraduate and master's degree students will be able to apply to stay for two years.
- PhD students will be able to apply to stay for three years.
- You do not need to be sponsored by an employer or by your university, but the degree must be awarded by a Higher Education provider that is listed on the Register of Student Sponsors as a "Student Sponsor - Track Record".
- It will not be possible to extend this type of immigration permission but it will be possible to switch into another route, if you meet the requirements.
- There will not be a requirement to show you have a certain amount of money (known as the 'maintenance requirement').
ADDITIONAL POINTS TO NOTE – Applicable for Masters Degree Programs:
- Majority of the universities have No application fee.
- There are no restrictions on number of backlogs.
- September and January are major intakes with rolling intakes in between for deferral.
- No need to send transcripts by courier (such as in USA)
- IELTS can be waived for admission if 12th English marks are 65-70% minimum. Variable based on the university. However, for visa application, English language test result is required.
- Student must have 50% to 70% marks in Bachelor`s degree to get admission for master`s. The marks required vary based on the university.
- Some Universities will conduct Skype interview with each student prior to admission. This is mandatory.
- Scholarships may be offered on a case to case basis, maximum of £2000, variable based on the university and student`s previous academic record.
To shortlist programs, please visit our Course Finder page.
For UK student visa inquiries from India and other countries except Philippines, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-7604989893 / 044-26444488
For UK student visa inquiries from Philippines, please contact email@example.com or call +63-9171243465 / +63-9338794292